Mazars Tax Corporation is looking for a motivated tax professional to join our team. We currently work as a small team, so the successful candidate would have the unique opportunity to work on a variety of jobs/projects, including tax compliance (corporate and individual), as well as advisory work (e.g. tax due diligence, transfer pricing, cross-border transactions). If you are an individual who is comfortable in a multicultural environment and can speak English or want to improve, this is the place for you.
- Tax Manager is expected to deliver high quality of tax advisory services to clients. The tax advisory services include Japanese tax advice with regards to cross-border transactions, M&A (Due diligence and structuring) and Transfer Pricing.
- Tax Manager is responsible for reviewing corporate tax returns, consumption tax return and individual tax returns prepared by staffs and providing necessary instructions to improve quality of the work. For the tax compliance engagement which requires high level of knowledge and good experience, Tax Manager needs to be involved into preparation of tax returns and other deliverables. Hands-on management style is required.
- Tax Manager is responsible for proactively interacting with clients to keep good relationship and developing business.
- Tax Manager is responsible to assist Tax Partner in developing tax business and managing Tax team of Mazars Japan.
- Tax Manager is required to update continuously the knowledge about Japanese tax, international tax and financial accounting.
- Tax Manager is expected to lead team members by fostering good relationship with team members and achieve goals as a team.
- High-level of knowledge and strong experience in Japanese tax.
- Strong project management, analytical and communication skills.
- Business level of oral and written English skill.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Professionalism, integrity and trustworthiness with a cooperative attitude.
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail.
- CPTA or CPA license of Japan or equivalent experience is required.
At least 7-8 years’ experience in Japanese Corporate Tax compliance work (ideally including Individual Income Tax-related work) in an accounting firm.
CPTA (“Zeirishi”) license
- Fluent Japanese
- Business level English preferred
The Tax Manager is responsible for delivering high quality of tax advisory service in multiple engagements and responsible for supervising tax compliance work, including corporate tax return and individual tax return, prepared by staffs.